Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Share Positive Messages with Your Children and Family

basketful of berriesImage by Darwin Bell via Flickr


I had a conversation today with a young lady in her 20's about hosting my talk show, interviewing guests, reading books, and learning from people. She explained that she is working as a cocktail waitress now but that she'd love to be a journalist.

I told her, "persist and pursue, make your dreams come true. Go after what you want because it won't go after you until you've made it." I shared with her the positive messages I tell my children, you're already alive it's time to live the life you want.

My advice to this waitress was to take action to fulfill her dreams and to believe that she can be a journalist. I told her to get started and then go out and interview someone on my show. I want to help others to experience that wonderful feeling of doing what you've always dreamed of. It just feels great.

If there's something you want to do, don't just envy someone doing it. Ask yourself, what steps do I need to take to make this happen for myself? How can this be accomplished? Who do I need to talk to for advice and guidance? How much money or time will I need to realistically succeed in this endeavor? How can I start and what can I do?

As adults, we need to set the example for our children and family by offering positive inspiration to those around us about pursuing our passions and living our dreams. The amazing thing about sharing positive thoughts is that they tend to spread.

The Boys and Girls Clubs of Las Vegas are coordinating a webcast series to be produced and hosted by teens about issues they are facing in their communities and families. Serious topics with participation and input and positve ideas for improvements and support. I have offered to help teens in the past with their communication skills and public speaking. This is a great opportunity for teens to learn about broadcasting, helping other teens, and to participate in positive helpful messages and projects.

Lots of people ask me how they can help others with positive messages and I tell them that there are so many organizations which need volunteers in addition to money. We can all do our part to share positive messages in our communities with families and children. Your energy and support is truly needed at this time.

Tune-in to our Las Vegas success talk show live weekdays at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/successipes. Listeners are encouraged to call-in to our show and speak to our guest experts or to send an e-mail with questions you'd like answered on-air.















No comments:

Post a Comment